Thursday, April 26, 2012

Introducing "Green Man"

Welcome to my second "WhimsiGuy" ... The Green Man!!

In general The Green Man represents the cycle of growth in spring.

He is usually depicted as a sculpture or drawing of a masculine face that is composed of foilage, with branches, vines, leaves, fruit or flowers growing out of his eyes, nostrils, or mouth.


His features have lent themselves beautifully to being backstitched!!

... and as a mini wallhanging, the centrepiece is 12x12cm and 27cm with the beads.

Close Up of Green Man's face, showing bead embellishments.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work, again.
    And I have given you a Leibster Award! Visit my blog for more information:)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen, congratulations on the award from Lori, I am excited to say I got one too!! cheers Jane

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as your feedback is valuable to me.
Have a lovely day,
Kathleen :-)