Friday, July 15, 2011

Belly Dancer and Shrine Doll

I am feeling really nourished creatively this afternoon ... as I have been able to sit down and work on some WhimsiGals!!!

 This is a major acheivement ... as I have not been able to use my left arm post surgery for very long before it would tire out!!

So today I have completed two of my latest Belly Dancer dolls - yay!
(LOL ... well I made the prototype in April this year)

Top stitching the legs and belly


These are the prototypes for the Belly Dancer doll ... she is a little cheeky with an "actual" backside ... but no breasts like my other dolls.

What do you think of her?

I am planning on making a few in some other colourways ...

What do you think about a Belly Dancer bottle green?



I have also been working on some Beaded Faces ... I am so glad that my hands still know how to bead!!


Shrine Doll

I am also thinking about making some Shrine Dolls for sale ... I initially designed it to represent my "Hero" game piece when I participated in Barb Kobe's "Creative Journey" game a few years ago.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen, I had to find out what wearable art doll was! And they are divine !colorful creative, courageous and cute!
    See you in class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathleen,
    Your dolls and shrines are wonderful! beautiful too. See you in Jane's workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice doll pin! Hope you are feeling better and better. I'm in Supplies Me class with you. I need to get back to my beads but I am having too much fun painting and journaling! Beads are lovely little creatures though and they keep calling on me to play with them. I just don't know what I want to make right now so back to Supplies Me I go!
    Timaree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lovely Ladies ... I love creating these wearable art dolls, I seem to have more ideas than time to make them LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These dolls are fantastic Kathleen. I really love the Shrine Doll. I look forward to what we will be creating in class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi kathleen, I like your dolls, I too am a cloth doll maker. ~Supplies Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely cute dolls! Glad to have you at "Supplies Me" class ... Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Deanna, Jude and Hybrid J :-)

    See you in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathleen, I've popped over from Jane's Supplies Me course. I love your dolls...they great fun...Green Belly dancer - reminds me of the Green Dancer in Star Trek...many many year ago... :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as your feedback is valuable to me.
Have a lovely day,
Kathleen :-)